Request for Quotations for supply and installation of Motor vehicles Tyres and Batteries
Issue Date: 1st December 2023
Submission: 6th December 2023 @ 16h00
Contract Award: 13th December 2023
Description: Request for Quotations for supply and installation of Motor vehicles Tyres and Batteries
Funded by: CDC under the SCHISS Project
Type of Award: Purchase Order
Point of Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
IHM will be rolling out the national EHR to 400 health facilities in Lusaka, Southern and Copperbelt province. The Institute for Health Measurement (IHM) Southern Africa is therefore looking for vendors to supply items stated in the attached RFQ. In this regard, we are inviting submission of quotations from vendors who can meet the requirements stated in the attached RFQ.
The primary objective of this contract is to secure reliable and efficient supply and installation services for motor vehicle tires and batteries across all provincial towns of Zambia where the Institute for Health Measurement (IHM) Southern Africa operates. The selected service provider(s) must have a presence in provincial towns to enhance operations and reduce downtime.
The selected contractor shall provide the following services:
- Communicate vehicle specifications, quantities, and any specific preferences to the service provider.
- Provide timely feedback on supplied products and installation services.
- Access and Coordination:
- Facilitate access to vehicles requiring tyres and battery services.
- Coordinate with the service provider for scheduled services in different locations.
- Ensure timely payment of supply and installation fees as specified in the contract.
Please take note of all the details and information relevant to the preparation of your submission in the attached RFQs.
If you would be interested, please submit your quotation and other requested documents before or on 6th December ,2023 at 16:00 Hours to the contact email indicated in the below.
Late Bids will not be accepted.
This section provides detailed technical specifications and requirements for each item
Preferred Battery Brand/type
Preferred Tyre Type/Brand
Isuzu D Max
Isuzu D Max
Isuzu D Max
Isuzu D Max
Isuzu D Max
Isuzu D Max
Isuzu D Max
- The service provider(s) must maintain a physical presence in most provincial towns across Zambia.
- Provide a detailed list of locations and contact details for each provincial town.
Experience and Expertise:
- Demonstrate a minimum of 10 years of experience in supplying and installing motor vehicle tires and batteries.
- Showcase expertise in dealing with various vehicle makes and models.
Range of Products:
- Offer a comprehensive range of motor vehicle tires and batteries to meet the diverse needs of IHM.
- Provide details of available brands, models, and specifications.
- Provide professional installation services for both tires and batteries.
- Ensure that installation processes adhere to industry standards and vehicle manufacturers’ specifications.
- Offer warranties for products supplied and installed.
Instructions to Bidders
The following documentation must be provided to be considered for this opportunity:
All documentation and Quotations should be submitted to this email address email@example.com, no hard copies will be accepted.
- Quotation must also provide the following additional details:
Requirements for Motor Vehicle tyres and Batteries supply and installation
- Eligibility: Interested bidders must meet the eligibility criteria stated in the RFQ:
- References e.g., Purchase order, Contract, or written reference
- Quotation corresponds to specifications above.
- Quotation submitted in Zambian Kwacha
- Provision of Company Registration and Tax clearance certificate
- Quote Validity
Evaluation and Selection Criteria
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Bids shall be evaluated to determine the most technically acceptable offer, as follows:
- a) Preliminary assessment of the bids.
During this evaluation, the following shall be considered:
- The bidder is eligible in accordance with the instructions provided under Sections 3 and 4.
- b) The bidder will be evaluated against the instructions specified in section 3 and 4
- Technical expertise and experience of the bidder (25 points)
- Conformance to Specification (25 Points)
- Number of locations as specified in the RFQ (25 points)
- Price Competitiveness (25 Points)
Bidders are required to score at least 60 points to proceed to the next stage.
- c) financial evaluation stage.
The evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
- Price Competitiveness
- Any additional criteria deemed relevant by the organization.
All applications received will undergo a three-tier evaluation process. All applications which pass the above compliance check will then be reviewed purely on cost.
Terms and Conditions
- The following terms and conditions apply to this RFQ and any resulting award:
- Quotations in response to this RFQ must be priced on a fixed-price, all-inclusive basis, including delivery. Any award resulting from this RFQ will be a firm fixed price, in the form of a purchase order.
- Pricing must be presented in Zambian Kwacha (ZMW).
- Pricing must remain valid for not less than thirty (30) calendar days after the application submission deadline.
- Issuance of this RFQ does not in any way obligate IHM, the SCHISS project, or CDC to make an award or pay for costs incurred by potential applicants in the preparation and submission of an application.
- This solicitation is subject to IHM standard terms and conditions. Any resultant award will be governed by these terms and conditions; a copy of the full terms and conditions is available upon request.
- IHM standard payment terms are net 30 days after receipt and acceptance of any commodities or deliverables. Payment will only be issued to the entity submitting the application in response to this RFQ and identified in the resulting award; payment will not pay to a third party.
- United States law prohibits transactions with, and the provision of resources and support to, individuals and organizations associated with terrorism. The supplier under any agreement resulting from this RFQ must ensure compliance with these laws.
- The title to any goods supplied under any award resulting from this RFQ shall pass to IHM following delivery and acceptance of the goods by IHM. The risk of loss, injury, or destruction of the goods shall be borne by the vendor until title passes to IHM.
- The applicant understands that CDC is not a party to this solicitation and the applicant agrees that any protest hereunder must be presented—in writing with full explanations—to the IHM for consideration, as CDC will not consider protests regarding procurements carried out by implementing partners. IHM, at its sole discretion, will make a final decision on the protest for this procurement.
- By submitting and quotation in response to this RFQ, the vendor certifies that it and its principal officers are not debarred, suspended, or otherwise considered ineligible for an award financed by the U.S. Government. IHM will not award a contract to any firm that is debarred, suspended, or considered to be ineligible by the U.S. Government.
ETHICAL AND BUSINESS CONDUCTS REQUIREMENTS
IHM Southern Africa is committed to integrity in procurement, and only selects suppliers based on objective business criteria such as price and merit. IHM expects suppliers to comply with our standards terms and conditions. IHM does not tolerate fraud, collusion among applicants, or falsified proposals or bids. Any firm or individual violating these standards will be disqualified from this procurement and barred from future procurement opportunities. In addition, IHM will inform CDC of any supplier offers of money, commissions, or gifts to obtain business.
Employees and agents of IHM are strictly prohibited from asking for or accepting any money, fee, commission, credit, gift, gratuity, or object of value from current or potential vendors or suppliers in exchange for or as a reward for business. Applicants responding to this RFQ must disclose and include the following information as part of the proposal submission:
- Close, familial, or financial relationships with IHM or activity staff. For example, if an applicant’s cousin is employed by the activity, the applicant must state
- Disclose any family or financial relationship with other applicants submitting proposals. For example, if the applicate father owns a company that is submitting another proposal, the applicant must state this.
- Certify that the prices in the offer have been arrived at independently, without any consultation, communication, or agreement with any other applicant or competitor for the purpose of restricting
- Certify that all information in the proposal and all supporting documentation are authentic and
- Certify understanding and agreement to NAME OF SUBCONTRACTOR’ prohibitions against fraud, bribery, and
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding the above information or to report any potential violations.
IHM Southern Africa is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are an equal-opportunity employer and make all employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status. We celebrate the unique contributions of each individual and believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to our success as an organization.