Job Title: Cybersecurity Specialist
Location/Country: Lusaka, Zambia
Job Grade: IHM6
Department/Unit: Software Development
Reporting: Chief Technology Officer
Date posted: 4/10/2023
Due Date: 9/10/2023
As a Cybersecurity Specialist, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining cybersecurity strategies and measures to protect IHM Southern Africa and SCHISS Project’s information systems and data from cyber threats. You will work to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our digital assets while staying up to date with the latest cybersecurity trends and technologies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Security Strategy and Policies: Develop and implement cybersecurity strategies and
policies aligned with business objectives.
- Risk Management: Conduct risk assessments to identify vulnerabilities and threats, prioritizing actions based on potential impacts.
- Security Architecture: Design and maintain a secure IT architecture encompassing network security, infrastructure, and application security.
- Monitoring and Incident Response: Oversee security systems and networks, lead incident response efforts, and coordinate with internal teams and authorities when needed.
- Security Awareness and Policies: Promote a security-conscious culture through training, while developing and enforcing security policies and procedures.
- Compliance and Vendor Assessment: Ensure compliance with regulations and standards, including the assessment of third-party vendor security.
- Security Testing and Budget Management: Manage security testing, vulnerability assessments, and the cybersecurity budget, including resource allocation.
- Leadership and Continuous Improvement: Provide leadership and guidance to the cybersecurity team, reporting to senior management, and continuously enhance security processes, technologies, and practices in response to evolving threats.
- Perform any other associated duties as delegated from time to time by the supervisor.
Academic & Educational Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Computer Science, or a related field.
- A master’s degree or bachelor’s with relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, or CompTIA Security+ is a plus.
- Membership with relevant professional bodies such as ICTAZ, ISACA etc.
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven Cybersecurity Experience: A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in various cybersecurity roles, demonstrating a strong track record of success in protecting organizations from cyber threats.
- Comprehensive Cybersecurity Expertise: Deep understanding of cybersecurity principles, practices, and technologies, including proficiency in security tools and compliance frameworks like NIST and ISO 27000 series.
- Incident Response and Risk Management: Hands-on experience in security incident response and risk management, showcasing the ability to identify, contain, and recover from security incidents.
- Cyber Threat Landscape Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of the cyber threat landscape, including various adversaries, tactics, techniques, and industry-recognized security frameworks (MITRE ATTCK, Kill Chain, Diamond Model, NIST Incident Response).
- Effective Communication Skills: Strong technical writing skills with the ability to communicate complex cybersecurity concepts effectively, including reporting to senior management and regulatory bodies.
Skills and Competencies
- Technical Proficiency: Mastery of network security, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, VPNs, and operating system security (Windows, Linux). Proficiency in utilizing cybersecurity tools and security information and event management (SIEM) systems.
- Risk Management and Compliance: Strong understanding of risk management principles, the ability to assess and prioritize cybersecurity risks, and knowledge of relevant industry standards and compliance requirements (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA, NIST).
- Incident Response and Security Strategy: Expertise in developing and executing incident response plans, handling security incidents and breaches, and contributing to overall cybersecurity strategies.
- Cloud and Emerging Technologies: Familiarity with cloud security principles and practices, encryption techniques, and the latest cybersecurity trends and threats using threat intelligence.
- Effective Communication and Leadership: Strong written and verbal communication skills for explaining complex security concepts to non-technical stakeholders. For senior roles, demonstrated leadership and management abilities, including project management skills, are essential Major Duties and Responsibilities
Applicants are required to send a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information to email@example.com
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
Closing Date: October 9, 2023
IHM Southern Africa is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are an equal-opportunity employer and make all employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status. We celebrate the unique contributions of each individual and believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to our success as an organization.